Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Americans Between Pride and Shame

As I was watching Barack Hussein Obama taking the oath, and his speech after that, a feeling of envy found its way into me. For a moment I wished I was American, I would have been very proud to hold that nationality, and be part of the "free" world.

The feeling lasted only for moments, and it was short until I moved my head away from the TV to point with my eyes the newspaper on the table reading; more that 1,300 martyr in Gaza, israel used DIME (Dense Inert Metal Explosive) bombs in Gaza.

Then, my mind started reviewing the history of the United State of America. The Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the killing of hundreds of thousands of people in seconds (not to mentioned the destruction), Vietnam war, bombarding Libya, Iraq wars, sanctions, Afghanistan war, killing all these people in all of the world. The responsibility that the US holds by supporting all the corrupted leaders in the world. The responsibility that the US holds by the blind support for creating the state of isreal, ignoring the millions that have been suffering since then.

Then, my mind dug deeper into history to remember the "Native Americans" or American Indians who are living by the shades, who were displaced and killed brutally.
All the thoughts and feelings of pride vanished into the darkness of these memories. America has disgraced its citizens, and it won't be easy for the new president Barack Hussein Obama to change this ugly picture.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home